Thursday, October 25, 2007

hunter's moon

i walked back home around 6 yesterday. the sun had just set but there was still a lot of light and the sky was a rosy pink and there she was in the midst of urban ugliness- power lines, smoke stacks and concrete- but untouched by the grime, noise, and man-made civilization. she kept me company as i walked home, playing peekaboo with me around trees and chimneys.

this fall, i have been observing and admiring the moon a lot. she's a welcome visitor in my house- earlier in my living room and then my kitchen and lately my bedroom. i drew aside my curtains at about 4 am two morns ago and there she was- resplendent and present. sometimes, especially in winter due to the dry air, i get up in the middle of the night or in the wee hours of the morning to drink some water. there is a certain quiet beauty and stillness seeing the moonbeam entering through the kitchen window and lighting the floor.

No comments: